I’ve been delivering this type of training and development throughout my 25-year military career, at university, on special training programmes for emergency management leaders, as well as nationally and internationally for corporate clients.
“Richard helped me to realize my unique role as president and majority shareholder. This gave me the confidence to make some very important ownership decisions and to assert myself with my junior partners. I’ve become much more effective in leading and growing my company.” — Jean-Paul de Lavison, President, JPdL
- Starts Thursday 16 January 2014 at 11 am eastern
- Course runs until early June 2014 with a total of 8 webinar sessions every three weeks (11 am to 12 pm)
- Each webinar will include the knowledge you need to develop and improve your key leadership skills, as well as self-diagnostic and competency building exercises and other tools
- Hard copy download of the slides, exercises, and other tools, as well as a video recording of the webinar within 48 hours of each session
- You can post questions to a special discussion forum I will create for this course with access limited to current and future registrants. I will answer within 24 hours during normal working hours
- Extra online discussions and exchanges on the forum
I’m building on my book, Brilliant Manoeuvres: How to Use Military Wisdom to Win Business Battles, my current monthly teleseminar series that I’ve been running since September 2013, several leadership training packages, courses, and coaching programmes I’ve created and conducted over the years.
Who Should Register?
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Senior executives
- Functional and line managers
- Sales and business development professionals
- Project and programme management professionals
- HR and personnel selection professionals
- Trainers and coaches
- Anyone else who’s interested in growing and developing as a leader
16 January 2014 — Session 1: Competence Is the Heart of Leadership
- It’s good to sizzle, but first you need the steak
- Do people follow you because they HAVE to or because they WANT to?
- What specific competencies do you need?
- What are your competencies now?
- What do you want to/have to work on?
6 February 2014 — Session 2: Becoming a Transformational Leadership
- What is transformational leader and how is it different from transactional leadership?
- What are the components of transformational leadership?
- Is transformational leadership really needed and better than more traditional and authoritarian forms?
- Why rewards and punishments are more ineffective than effective
- Your transformational leadership profile
- What about charisma?
27 February 2014 — Session 3: Idealized Influence and “Command Presence”
- What is your influence based on? Coercion vs conviction
- Why leaders MUST be ethical
- Leading by example
- What is “command presence” and how do you create it?
- Evaluate your own command presence
20 March 2014 — Session 4: Inspirational Motivation through Vision and Mission
- Morale, cohesion, and unity of purpose
- Intrinsic motivation and transformational leadership
- What’s wrong with most vision and mission statements?
- Creating a compelling purpose and vision
- Rallying the troops in a crisis
10 April 2014 — Session 5: How Leaders Grow and Develop
- Cognitive and moral development of adults
- How these stages translate to leadership over time and through experience
- Individualized Consideration and Intellectual Stimulation as part of Transformational Leadership
- Selecting and developing potential leaders
- Challenging your own leadership to grow and develop through the stages of leadership
1 May 2014 — Session 6: Crisis and Emergency Leadership
- What is a crisis or emergency?
- What happens during a crisis or emergency: group dynamics and individual psychology
- What a leader must do before, during, and after a crisis
- Leader’s self-care and welfare of followers and subordinates during a crisis or emergency
22 May 2014 — Session 7: How to Transform Organizations, Not Just Individuals
- How organizations develop over time
- The organizational types that correspond to the leadership stages
- Why internal conflict is a good thing and how to foster it
- Diagnosing teams and organizations
- How to get to the next organizational level
12 June 2014 — Session 8: Putting It All Together: Self-Awareness as the Key to Continued Growth
- Self-efficacy and self-esteem
- Your continuing leadership development plan
© 2013-14 Alcera Consulting Inc. All rights reserved.