Monday STAND TO!
By Richard Martin, Expert in Business Readiness and Exploiting Change
Do you try to mould your future and create the conditions for your success, or do you instead remain passive while others seize the initiative?
Vigilance through constant Situational Awareness. Situational awareness requires systems, procedures, and mindset to be on the lookout for changes and trends at all levels–strategic, operational, tactical–of your business and organizational environment. This includes keeping eyes on:
- Changing customer needs and wants
- Changing political, social, demographic, cultural milieu
- Technology, finance, economic factors, etc.
- Competitors and other stakeholders, including changing alliances, support, and opposition to your goals and strategies
- A consistent and constant watch and evaluation system.
- A method and the right mindset and motivation in you and your people.
- To decide if this changes your mission and objectives or whether you need to update them.
|Business Readiness Process (BRP)|
1. Ensure vigilance through situational awareness.
2. Do preliminary assessment of tasks and time.
3. Activate organization or team.
4. Conduct reconnaissance.
5. Do detailed situational estimate.
6. Conduct wargame and decide on optimal course(s) of action.
7. Perform risk management and contingency planning.
8. Communicate plan and issue direction.
9. Build organizational robustness.
10. Ensure operational continuity.
11. Lead and control execution.
12. Assess performance.
© 2016 Alcera Consulting Inc.
This article may be forwarded, reproduced, or otherwise referenced for non-commercial use with proper attribution. All other rights are reserved and explicit permission is required for commercial use.